- Practice analogies using the vocabulary words for "Harrison Bergeron"
- Complete our reading and annotation of "Harrison Bergeron"
- Complete the test covering "Harrison Bergeron," the HB vocabulary, literary elements, and Fahrenheit 451
- Discuss root words for our Fahrenheit 451 vocabulary
- Introduce and take notes over science fiction as a literary genre and the historical/social context of Fahrenheit 451
- Discuss more root words for our current vocabulary
- Post and discuss "Parking Lot" questions for Fahrenheit 451
- Homework: Students will locate, identify, and record three quotations showing different methods of indirect characterization used by Bradbury to reveal Montag, Clarisse, Mildred, and Beatty.
- Using flash cards, students will quiz one another over the F451 vocabulary
- Using specific excerpts from the text, students will practice analyzing setting, tone, and mood in Part I of F451