English I Pre-AP -
- Complete the "Embedding Quotations" mini-workshop
- Begin reading and discussing non-fiction selections
- Introduce ethos, pathos, and logos and discuss how they are used as persuasive approaches
- Review sentence combining difficulties and pronoun-antecedent agreement
Dual Credit 1302 -
- Monday - Finish chapter 2 (point of view) discussion, begin chapter 3 (characters) overview, discuss "A Jury of Her Peers" and "Two Kinds"
- Tuesday - Finish Monday's discussion, discuss "Luck," finish chapter 3
- Wednesday - Discuss chapter 4 (setting) overview, discuss "The House on Mango Street" and "And Sarah Laughed"
- Thursday - Discuss "The Shawl," finish chapter 4
- Friday - Discuss chapter 5 (structure) overview, discuss "Battle Royal"
- Assign literary approaches introduction pages
- Complete weekly discussion boards