Monday, September 13, 2010

AP Suggested Reading List

I know many parents and students have requested a recommended reading list. Obviously, there are many worthwhile texts I would hope my students and I could read together, but time constraints and curriculum demands interfere with our ability to read as many as I would like in class. However, as this class is designed specifically with the intention of preparing students for the AP classes and exam, I recommend starting with the list of 101 Great Books Recommended for College-Bound Readers, published by the College Board (the overseeing body of the AP Program).

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/plan/boost-your-skills/23628.html

There are many other recommended reading lists available, some broken down by genre, others by appearance on the AP exams. These can easily be found by Googling "AP reading list."

No comments: